Windows Live Essentials 2011



I was pretty much delighted when I found out about the whole new Windows Live Essentials 2011. Turned on my computer in the office to find a window prompt asking me to install the latest Windows Live Messenger (WLM). =D


As usual, I would just install any software updates (if there is any!). Hence, I just continue clicking next and etc. LOL.


Here are a series of print screen images when I downloaded the WLM 2011 for my own personal computer at home. Hehe.





(Basically you can either install all of windows live essentials OR choose the programs which you want to install. As for me, I go for the latter as I do not need all the programs to cramp up my computer space!)




(After you have ticked the programs which you want to install, the installation starts...)







(The WLM auto detects and prompts you to take a new photo to put as your Messenger profile picture. So make sure you dress nicely and put up a cute face as shown below. ROFL~)




(Okay, maybe that was a 'garang' face instead. Nyahaha. Anyway, skip that, lets go ahead and choose which services we want to connect with WLM.)




(Psst... The real cool thing about the whole new WLM 2011 is this particular feature loh!)




(Before you reach the main WLM screen, you get a little introduction to the new WLM. It is now said that you can view Social Highlights and MSN agendas all in one window. WOOTS! Talk about convenience and cool graphics.)




Oh, that's not all (if you are wondering...). A big enhancement here is that WLM can now connect with your Facebook account. Wow, how cool is that, you tell me. *beams*




Hmm... I don't know if you noticed this, but I think it's really cool that whenever you scroll over the WLM icon on your computer's task bar, you will see this! A quick & easy alternative to change your WLM status, whether it is "Online", "Away", "Busy", or "Appear Offline". Whee~




Now this is the main window screen of my WLM after signing in...




For those of you who don't know what Windows Live Essentials 2011 is all about. It is an application bundle which includes Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Sync, Windows Live Mesh, Movie Maker, Mail, Writer, Bing Bar, Microsoft Silverlight, Outlook Connector Pack (Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider for Windows Live Messenger) and so much more...


Personally, I feel that the new WLM is much more stable in terms of performance, as compared to the old WLM. It has presented lots of improved features, which makes me fall back into love with WLM again. Aww~


Well, the focus of this new WLM is on integrating social networks like Facebook, Twitter and myspace. The new interface is no more a mere messenger client but a more complete social interface. It's like an ultimate social messenger!


All important updates in one place... I really love this feature!


I'm sure many of you are feeling excited now, which is why I'm gonna share the download link:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-messenger?os=other






Find out more about windows live messenger here: http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/


Enjoy the new WLM 2011 yea~ *winks*


3 comments:

Charles said...
Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:31:00 pm

I don't really like the interface, kinda too new to me...lucky it's in my own lappy..

*************************
-Charles-

Exabytes.com.my
Leading web hosting company based in Malaysia.
Web hosting, Dedicated servers, Domain Name registration, Website DIY tool

Charles said...
Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:31:00 pm

I don't really like the interface, kinda too new to me...lucky it's in my own lappy..

*************************
-Charles-

Exabytes.com.my
Leading web hosting company based in Malaysia.
Web hosting, Dedicated servers, Domain Name registration, Website DIY tool

YEN XOXO said...
Friday, October 29, 2010 9:12:00 pm

well Charles, everything new needs time getting used to. So give it some time yea. ;)

Post a Comment